1. Her Grandpa Call was born in 1863, knew Pancho Villa well. Julia's Aunt Lorna is 102. Not great grandma or grandma...aunt. Walking history book.
2. Hates to shop. Shopping is a burden. Her mom had to drag her to go look for a wedding dress. Merchandizing and advertising have no effect on her, unless it's for groceries. Even then, she shops by cost per ounce rather than any emotional appeal, perceived deal, or percent reduction.
3. Does not watch movies, virtually ever. In 14 years of marriage, she and I have been in a theater less than 10 times--not something we're proud of, there's just no interest there. Mysteries, any suspense in T.V. or movies are especially not interesting. Hollywood means very little to her. Free movie tickets sit unused at our house for many years. She cares much more about the NBA and names of NBA players than anyone you would see in People Magazine. The "trash" of the world doesn't stick in her mind. She doesn't even give it the time of day.
4. Afraid of the dark. Hates the cold. Loves good modern jazz music.
5. Taking out the garbage, refilling soap dispensers, changing lighbulbs, buying toothpaste are all male jobs--her dad did all of these as she was growing up.
6. She's a salesman's nightmare--especially at 5:30 p.m. I pity the fool that tries to sell her anything. If they're lucky enough to get her engaged in the conversation, she'll grill them, toast them, and spit them out. She's fried many a car salesman, window salesman, MLM people and countless solicitors. She'll pick them apart on quality issues, pricing, cost/benefit analysis, cost per mile, cost per ounce, you name it. (AKA Eran Call and the opposite of Mom Gibson)
7. If she is starving, she will starve for up to an hour or more, holding out for quality food. Loves to cook for people but not for herself.
8. She would rather decorate the house with great trim work, casing or molding than decorations. We even have a box in our garage that is labeled, "Trinkets and junk that you would put on display" ... she likes things clean and crisp--AND SIMPLE.
9. Very, and I mean very financially savvy. She is much more interested in the workings of the financial markets and the economy than pop culture. When she comes across someone with those skills, she sits there and picks their brain for hours.
10. And now, to reward the bloggers of the world with cutting edge information, the one thing you really need to know is that JULIA IS EXPECTING CHILD #4! She is due in July, so we will not be in Colorado for the family reunion this summer.
Last night we had Nate, John and Liza do a little scavenger hunt which ended where our Christmas stockings were hung. We put one more stocking up there, with a riddle explaining that a new brother or sister is coming to our home. They are stoked, as are we. We've only told Mom, Mom & Dad Call and family here in the Bay Area. So, the news is officially OUT!
WE, AND MANY MANY MORE PEOPLE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU JULES!
9 comments:
Good Honk!!!! Congratulations Julie and Dan!!! #4--are you just trying to get me to be dumb again?--Cause I'm believing it--We are so excited for you guys--(we will miss you tons at the family reunion-though!) But--there will be many more--Whoo Hoo Hoo!! Hip Hop Hooray!! (theres our little cheer!)
Yeah - we are so excited for you. Can't wait to meet him or her.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you all...
I love you all and miss you guys!!
GREAT NEWS! That is very, very exciting! We are so happy for you! You have an awesome family! It's fun to learn those new things about you Julie. You are great! good luck with the pregnancy! :)
Yay Doxey's!! Not only am I thrilled to find your blog, but I'm even more thrilled to hear about your exciting news! Congratulations, and good luck! I hope we'll get to cross paths again someday . . . maybe you could come and visit the "State of Nike" again! :-)
Hooray! I am sooooooo happy for your guys! what an awesome Christmas surprize!! Congrats! I love you all and am sad I won't be seeing you for Christmas, however i need to call and talk about coming for a visit in Feb! xo
Yonkers! This is amazing NUMERO QUATRO!!! WHO HOO!!!
We got your postcard today. All sorts of congrats! Julie, the real question is, how are you feeling?????
Good HONK, HONK, HONK!!!!In the words of the venerable COZ, times three- and a WOWSERS! besides, I just say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WE are all so happy for this great news. Lucky BABY!Love mom
Post a Comment