OK, OK, OK, here's the early October Top 6 from the Doxeys.
1. Caroline, #4, is Proud to Be a Doxey. Our good friends Cara & Trent Taylor made the coolest baby shirt ever.

Unless you have a Doxey girl that is #4 (and is proud to be a Doxey), you may not have use for this, somehow it would be cool if it makes the rounds of the "coast to coast kids clothing exchange." Cute as a button. Runny nose and all.
2. More Soccer. Nate and John are loving soccer--fortunately. We've regrettably had to enforce the "No desire to do homework/do your best in school/practice piano = no organized sports" (Soccer, Basketball, etc) rule lately. And the good news, it works. Nate, John and Liza are in quite a rhythm. The sidelines are eventful.





Aside from the incredible athletic prowess on the soccer field, yesterday we were treated to a side show of an INTENSE, Soccer savvy, head cheerleader of a dad who had just downed what must have been 5 Double Tall, Extra dark Starbucks Doubleshot® Espresso Doppios, whatever that is. Let me just say, W-A-T-C-H ... O-U-T. As hard as I try, words don't do the guy justice. Piece of work. He did not stop screaming at all those 6 year olds the WHOLE GAME. He
literally caught air a few times!
3. Julia's SUV--The Sit N Stand LX (courtesy of Craigslist) If the energetic father sideshow wasn't enough, yesterday I go truckin' over to the sidelines with two chairs strapped on my back, umbrella, camera bag, 3-4 waterbottles, two other chairs, and Julia's "SUV." Out of the blue, our good friends start yelling across the pitch, "Dan! You need a camel or two!! Of course, I didn't get it at first, (b/c this scene is the norm in my life right now), but you know they're right. Here's a pic of what Julia looks like when she 'goes it alone' ... which happens to be every Monday and Wednesday (and sometimes on Saturdays).
4. Caroline is beautiful. She really is! She is totally not an infant anymore, and is starting to smile, kick herself out of her carseat, get energetic, make her wants and needs known. She is easily one of the more mellow babies we've had. Relief at last.
5. Pre-school. Last week I extolled the virtues of Liza's incredible pre-school experience. When I looked at some of the pics I learned what really goes on. This fine photo says it all. Liza and her friend Millie are standing on an end table in the guest room after a jaunt with the markers.

6. More Scouts. We took 11 boys (age 11-12)to AdvanceCamp at the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds last weekend. 9 made it there in time for the pic. They say with 1200 in attendance, it's the largest gathering of Scouts in Northern California.

It's basically very similar to the BYU merit badge pow-wow, but with a campout as well. It's handy to have a trailer. Worthy of note: 5 lbs. of bacon cooked and devoured, all advancing as planned, and I couldn't figure out the darn herringbone basketry weave pattern as a Scout or an adult leader. Sheer frustration.
And last, an FYI--Julia and I have changed our e-mail addresses from the lame, lame functionality of web based Comcast e-mail to the awesome functionality of Yahoo web based e-mail. Here are our new e-mail addresses:
juliadoxey@yahoo.com
dandoxey@yahoo.com
Life is good. John is out telling all the neighbors about General Conference Bingo. Take care.
7 comments:
Looks like you guys are keeping really busy. Thats great that you are getting into soccer and scouting! I literally laughed out loud (and heartily) about the crazy soccer dad! That is amazing! I hope you guys had fun conference bingo. I played a game called 'throw a pillow at Chad every time he falls asleep' hahah it was fun!
miss you! the pics are coming soon...I PROMISE! -em
Too fun. I wish I could tease you about the stroller, chairs, and other gear but I am sure that will be life in the not too distant future. We can't wait for our little girl Caroline will be one of our girl's best friends as they grow up (I'm sure). How fun that we get to have babies at the same time!!!
mmmmm...bacon:) I can't help but think that the leaders have set a good eating example. (judging from the tight tucked-in tees in the last pic. Just a thought.
Looks like lots of fun- you guys are always on the move! We love the updates! Caroline is soooo cute!
First of all --Douglas' comment is a little ruuuude--I might add--Ya--bacon does a body good! Never been a big fan of Pig! Love the Doxey update--Caroline is growing up-- she is so cute! Soccer Soccer Soccer--way too crazy! We love you guys, and miss you tons!
Hello Doxeys! It's me...Jodi Dahl. I stumbled across your blog while "blog surfing"...so glad I did! You have a darling family - cute new baby! And I had no idea you moved to the sunny state! Looks like you are busy and happy! Stop by our blog and say hi sometime!
LOVE the new stroller- deluxe. The shot of Liza and her friend is so cute. And yes, Caroline is beautiful. Leah loved looking at all the photos.
Post a Comment