Hero's Welcome. Yesterday after John's b-ball game we went to the famed Sully's official welcome home in downtown Danville. Let's just say it was spectacular!
Thousands of people, flags, military band, San Ramon Valley High band, bagpipers, signage, people and their fancy, clean, well groomed dogs, and all tier one media outlets covering it. Click here for the CNN report, here USA Today report, the list could go on and on.
Budgets have apparently been cut at media outlets too.
Liza was on my shoulders most of the time saying, "Dad! Look at that dog, and that dog, and that dog, I want that dog, that dog is pretty, that dog is tall, that dog needs a friend, I can be her friend!"
The kids loved the Caboose at the Danville Southern Pacific Railroad Depot just as much as everything else.
We stepped into the local Starbucks for some incredible Carmel Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate (with all the kids mind you--quite a sight), and Julia talked with a U.S. Airways flight attendant at length (who has flown with Sully extensively). In short, she said Sully has "rewritten the book forever" on water landings. It was pretty cool to see all these reporters (from the AP and others) on their laptops, fine tuning their stories, reviewing all the shots they got, and looking for the best ones and submitting their stories--all in the free Wifi of Starbucks. The place was hummin'.
Spoils of Christmas. Backyard. Sheet. Obliterated gingerbread house. Future cavities.
9 comments:
The Doxey family band is most excellent! With regards to your comment about it being chilly at the Sully event (which I watched on CNN the othe day but unfortunately did not see you all)I have NO SYMPATHY for your interpretation of chilly!! Our house has officially turned into a split level igloo. :-) (interpretation: we're extremely jealous, so enjoy it for us)
Lynne,
What's this cold you speak of?
You two have to be the BEST PARENTS EVER!!! Family band, scouting (with full uniforms, none the less), attending civic events....
All I can say is WOW!!
Tell John I REALLY wish I could play those drums. Awesome talent all around!
We gathered the whole family around the computer for this one! Loved the video of the family band! Classic. It was so cute! Dave wants to start one up in our family now..... (must be in the blood)
You guys ARE awesome parents~ you do it all! It's amazing! Hope ya 'all have a great week!
p.s. thanks for the recipe Julie- it turned out great! Yummy!
I have to post a comment on our own blog to clarify--
Don't think we're such awesome parents that DO IT ALL!
If you heard all the other stuff that goes on around here you would know that it's not all so awesome. :) However, I do have to say, Dan is an awesome Dad that makes things fun for all.
The Doxey family band is awesome. Dan, I love your enthusiasm. So fun.
Love the band, I can tell a lot of sweat, tears, and hard work has been put into that.
You guys do a great job of taking advantage of things to do around you. Much fun to be had in your area.
Was there a drum solo in there? If so, everything was perfect, you just need a gong!
You guys Rock! Always a party in San Ramon!
Post a Comment