Hallelelujah ... in Real Life. Let's just say John was a bit excited about his presents.
Now for the good stuff--what made this Christmas HIGHLY MEMORABLE--ONE OF THE BEST EVER IN OUR HOME. In early December 2010 the Relief Society coordinated the effort of making Christmas more meaningful for the missionaries serving the San Ramon area—Elder Wong (Hong Kong), Elder Mak (Hong Kong), Elder Chiu (Taiwan) and Elder Liu (Taiwan). This initiative started when Traci Higbee was dropping off a meal one day and noticed there was not a lot of food or “nice to haves” in their apartment. Once the gift gathering effort was underway, our amazing sisters and their families responded in a very significant, meaningful way.
For weeks prior to Christmas, church members from the San Ramon area dropped off gifts, gift cards and Christmas cards at the Dan & Julia Doxey’s home, where all four Elders spent Christmas morning. Initially, any gift that was not wrapped (macaroni, canned food, boxes of cereal, hand soap, ties, etc.) was wrapped but so many gifts starting arriving that each was simply labeled “To: The Elders” and stuffed around the tree. Every day there were more and more gifts for the Elders left on the porch.
|
4 comments:
LOVE THE UPDATE!!! We have missed reading about your adventures. The story about the Elder's Christmas brought a little tear to my eye, being the missionary mom I am, loved that! And the wedding festivities/new years with the fam looked fab! We were so sad to have missed it! Bummer. Also, Richard in batman underwear grabbing his crotch... PRICELESS.
Wowsa! What a rootin' tootin' time!!! We had so much fun with you guys- truly one of the best!!!! I didn't quite have the decency to put Richard's crotch hold pic on our blog :).... You've got guts Daniel!! There's more good pics where that came from!!!!
You guys are the best! I know that this means you are back on the blogging bandwagon...after all we have a personal history to write. I know that I am recommitted after seeing your incredible book. Love all the fun pics especially all those missionary ones...what an experience.
I love the post. I need to get my rear in gear and post some of the fun too. Thanks for the book info - I needed a simpler approach to the blog book and this may fit the bill!! We are so happy we got to spend the holidays with you guys. You are the best.
Post a Comment