Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The GREAT Find in Our House!

Imagine living in a house for a few years with four active kids and all their friends. Think about a creek in your backyard that all these kids like to play in, and then think what your carpets would look like. That vision in your head is our reality.

The gynormo huge travertine project of a few months ago served many purposes--one of which was to get it in so we could have the carpet installer give us a nice carpet to travertine transition.

The carpets in the bedrooms were horrific. In the girl's room, it must have been the original carpet. The pad was literally dust. So, with lots of help from the kids we pulled out all their beds, lined them up and had a good 'ole Hungarian "Tumblers of Budapest" fete (because that's just what they do in Hungary).

We then ripped out the carpet and discovered we had amazingly beautiful solid oak floors in the bedrooms! We literally swept them up, put up new baseboards, built custom travertine to oak transitions and we were done!

2 comments:

hilary said...

What I wouldn't give to find some hardwood flooring in my bedrooms. I bet my pad is dust too! Your house looks amazing with all that fabulous flooring...and its just a little easier to keep up. :)

The Crane Family said...

We love your house....I still can't believe you found hardwood....Lucky Ducks!! WE miss you guys tons. Hope all is well in the Bay Area! Cute Halloween--I can't believe I haven't seen those before-- Looks like a party as always!