Yes we did...
Christmas Eve at John and Ann's. The
raclette (that was a link, click on it) tradition continues. Fine food. Festive morsels of incredibly savory delight. In theory, we follow the "the grape harvesters in the vineyards of the Valais region of Switzerland" line of thought. Ahhh the Swiss.

Luke Chapter 2 event. Nate a shepherd. Liza the angel (cousin Madeline holding Caroline).

John was Joseph with cousin Ella as Mary. Sheer excitement for the kids amid pent up anticipation for the morning.

Foosball Wars. Enough said.
Julia's Incredible Stitchery. Julia took a lot of the old shirts I used to wear when we were dating (early 90s...plaids must have been "in") and made an fine, sentimental quilt. Very cool for us. Man I dressed festive in the 90s!
Bet You Didn't Get One of These. John has been wanting a drum set. As a former drummer, I refuse to pay for the junk sets that toy stores sell. And, I refuse to buy a 6 year old a set that is pricey--that is, until he masters his paradiddles, flamadiddles and ratamacues. Enter my solution. Borrowing a page from the Street Drummers in New York, I created an all in one bucket drum kit that I even like to play on!
Cool Street Drummers - Total cost...$1.00. John and I are TOTALLY elated to have this contraption b/c we can really jam/pound/rock whatever you want to call it. It really is fun! If you want to play like
THIS...(click on this link), come rock with us.
4 comments:
Nice shirts -- that's a great idea and I might have to steal it. (now THAT'S how I can get some stuff out of his closet! :-) COOL drum kit!! Our oldest plays the drums for school and I'm thinking I might like to trade in his kit for one of yours...probably much quieter and definitely much cooler.
OUCH! Nathan is one tough kid. I love the Doxey family. I would have to say your blog is my favorite to read. Things are put so well. So realistic and full of adventure. Can't wait to see you guys in Utah!
The drums are great and I can just hear Dan giggling as he's putting it all together, so proud of himself and loving every minute of it, so classic! Merry Christmas to your whole family from us!
We sure have good times!!
Post a Comment