The acorns that come out of that oak tree are not only plentiful, they are mondo huge--probably the biggest I've ever seen...seriously. "Chuck" the flying tree squirrel (sort of a ubiquitous name for all the squirrels running around in the trees back there) has been hard at work throwing acorns down on the kids, and of course preparing for winter. They love that too, and of course throw them back (and at each other).
Be that as it may, the kids love the wildlife in the backyard. It makes us feel like we live in a sweet home in the mountains...that is also close to the ocean. Fun stuff.
4 comments:
Wow - those are some great shots of the racoons. Are they friendly? We seriously need to come and visit.
I think its time to read the boys Where the Red Fern Grows. On a side note, Coons were my #2 favorite animal when I was a kid.
Was #1 the wolf picture on your wall?
Dogs were actually my first and foremost due to the extensive encyclopedia collection that CJ had purchased. The wolf was a close #4 to the cheetah.
Post a Comment