Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"Excuse Me Sir, You Can't Sit on the Ice"





Whenever you're in Norcal, you can be assured that one of the many recreation options is ice skating! Yes, the Dublin Iceland is where you can spend your next vacation dollar. It is the home of the St. Moritz Ice Skating Club, home of the Tri-Valley Blue Devils, and my personal house of pain.

Make no mistake about it--the many Young Men/Young Women ice skating activities at Utah Lake DID HELP, but in today's vernacular, they now appear worthless. Nate and John have found yet another activity in which they are proudly better than I. They had a blast.

They "spent" their hard earned points on this wonderful endeavor. All I know is that my feet felt like they were tightly wrapped in slate.

One moment worthy of note...I found that I was spending a lot of time on the South end of my backside so I just decided to settle in and take pictures. Then, without notice or provocation an intense ice skating instructor came up to me and said, "Excuse me sir, but you can't just sit on the ice."

Apparently my rear end has the potential to leave two large butt print divots on her beautifully Zambonied ice. Who knew? I say, WHO KNEW??? Who knew I was endangering her prodigies' precious ankles and knees. I wanted to pull a George Costanza and ask her, "Is this frowned upon here?" but, I obliged and removed myself from the premesis.

It was a blast though, I highly recommend it.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Nice one Dan! I love it! It stinks to grow old doesn't it? it seems like we think we can do all the stuff we used to do when we were kids, and then to our bewilderment we try it and fail, miserably. That's the ripper.

Heidi and Rich said...

How do they earn their points. I am sure that Julie has some words of wisdom for me. Or maybe even you do. Rewards sound good to me. How can Spencer earn his way to an ice rink? I too was out of the loop when it comes to sitting on an ice rink as out of the question!!!

doug said...

Its funny. That's how I envisioned John playing on the ice.

akdoxey said...

I have found that George always knows the best thing to say in almost every situation but way to step above that.