Sunday, November 4, 2007

BUSY FALL!!







*Julia volunteering like crazy in John and Nathan's classes
*John's first Field Trip
*Halloween/Country Club Elem grand parade with HS Marching band
*Apple turnover night
*Kids halloween (a pack of 25 5-8 year olds sprinting house to house--parents try to keep up. 286 pieces of candy. All hidden now. Walking around with all the parents was a SCREAM. We love our neighbors!
*Halloween party at Hilary's
*Planting a backyard tree (Photinia Tree-evergreen and deep burgundy new growth) and many shrubs (Privets-great for hedge or sculpting & Osmanthus--incredibly intense orange smell) and other fancy flowers. Awesome Nursery had a 50-70% off sale. Roses are rocking and rolling. 2nd Spring is in full swing. Lots-o-yardwork.
*Nate & John teeing off in our backyard with acorns.
*Cleaned out raingutters in prep for rain--big messy job.
*Shaklee on Oprah again--Dan heinously busy
*Liza totally addicted to sugar--little spitfire.
*Kids happy, Dan & Julia happy. Hermie (Nate & John's hermit crab) happy
*Nate & John finished another year of soccer. John scored on a kickoff--went right through the whole opposing team. Nate played goalie and blocked 6 goals. Basketball starts for Nate soon.
*Dan to Dallas on Wed., Baltimore in early Dec. Fun b/c he never travels. All family going to Utah for Thanksgiving from 11/17 through 11/25.
*Stunningly beautiful fall in the Bay Area
*Good, good, good times

5 comments:

The Crane Family said...

You guys look Awesome!! Sounds like life is adventurous at the Doxey's! I love the costumes--Dan--and Julie you're killen' me! We can't wait for Thanksgiving!!! We love you guys!

Heidi and Rich said...

Wow- I think I got that all. We too have been busy in the yard I will post pictures. I love the costumes. Sam is as addicted to sugar as Liza. Scary!!!

akdoxey said...

Dan- you look great! I think that's one of the most normal (meaning a calm pose) pictures of John, very cute! I'm glad to hear you like your neighbors so much- that can really make a difference!

doug said...

A Shogan named Danisonson, "You be velly honorable or get special sauce in you face...it hurt long time!! Ha ha I laugh at you misery."

Leslie said...

Awesome pictures! Sounds like you guys are busy little beavers! Dan and Jules you guys are lookin sweet! Thanks for sharing~ we love seeing what's happenin!