Sunday, January 20, 2008

New Year'e Eve + Basketball Nate

We may be 20 days into 2008, but we're still going to tell you what we did for New Year's Eve. It was seriously the most relaxing blast we've had in years. Julia made California rolls, shrimp, a kiwi-orange-apple-mango medley, and of course we had the Martinelli's Apple Cranberry swig and our family dose of Cheetos for the year. Nate, John and Liza loved it!



Nate has officially started San Ramon youth basketball. He's #5 on the Celtics with a bunch of friends from Church and school. He's got a nice touch, soft release and gentle arc to the cowhide globe. We're still working on a bunch of other stuff. For the time being, he's definitely settling into a guard role--pretty decent ball handler.




If we could get him to unleash the tenacity that he and John inflict upon each other every day, it would be a wonderful thing. John still isn't old enough to play on the team, but he's always there if they need an extra guy! Right now he is forced to go take shots anytime there is a timeout or at the half.

Liza runs around the whole gym--she may even have game in her blood. She's constantly jostling for position with Nate and John around.

Life is good!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds like more DELICOIUS food from Julie! What a chef you are! I wish I would have been there to partake! Good job NATE! You are quite the little athlete!

Anonymous said...

I am going mad without you guys! I miss you and want to visit to help with the baby and others this summer! I love you guys, and hope that you are having fun in CA! take care of my dad! love, alyson:) GO NATHAN!!!

Laura said...

Looks like life is good for all of you! We miss you! We'll keep our ears open for positions at Nike :-)

Melissa said...

Hey guys - haven't you figured out that you have to actually give a financial incentive to make them aggressive? haha We had to do that with our Nate when he started soccer. He was just too nice to the other players! He never wanted to steal the ball, etc... So we had to bribe him - horrible, but true. We miss you guys!

Heidi and Rich said...

We hope that our boys have the athletic skills of Nathan!! Sounds like you had a blast on New Years Eve...We had fun with the Vegas Doxey's and Brown's and even stayed up past midnight!!

Dorothy said...

Dan, I'd like to hear a little more detail about the training schedule, drills, and basic agility work you have Nathan under. He is so lucky to have you as for his dad! It all sounds like so much fun.

Your New Years looked fun, and delicious. I wish I cooked like Julie!

akdoxey said...

Nate's looking pretty tough! Just think, only one more pregnancy after this one and you've got your own team!